Sesame Currant Cookie Recipe
¾ cup firmly packed dried currants
1 cup Daisy Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup white hulled sesame seeds
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, pure olive oil, or melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 Tablespoons water (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350̊
2. Soak the currants in warm water to cover for 10 minutes. Drain
3. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the flour
and oats and grind to a fine meal. Transfer the meal to a bowl.
Add the sesame seeds and salt and mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, butter,
and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and the currants and mix well
with a wooden spoon to form a thick dough. If the dough is too dry,
add water, 1 teaspoon at a time.
5. Moisten your hands and form the dough into walnut-sized balls.
Place the balls 3” apart on the cookie sheets and gently flatten into
6. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway
through for even baking, until the cookies are golden brown.
7. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool until crisp.
YIELD: About 2 dozen cookies.
Read our blog about this recipe click here.