Whatever Weight Watchers plan you are on—Blue Plan, Green Plan, Purple Plan, or Weight Watchers Plus—you can still enjoy bread. The key is to consume low-point bread and increase your intake of zero-point food. That way, you do not have to worry about exceeding your daily smart points budget. This article will highlight some options for the best bread for Weight Watchers plans. They are healthy choices that are low calorie and certain to fulfill your bread craving. The bread is 1 or 2 smart points per slice, although a few are 3 points per slice.
Best Bread for Weight Watchers
Whole Grain Bread
If you are on the Purple plan, any bread made of whole grains qualifies as zero points food. These include breads made of whole barley, wheat, bucket wheat, rye, and oats. The bread should have at least 16 grams of whole grains per serving.
Whole grain breads are rich in fiber, which aids in digestion, promotes gut health, and lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease. High fiber also keeps you feeling full for longer, enabling you to optimize your personal points budget.
Whole Wheat Bread
Whole wheat bread is made from wheat flour that is minimally processed. It still contains the bran, germ, and endosperm part of wheat. As such, it has a higher fiber content than white wheat bread.
Weight Watchers recommends against bread labeled as white flour, wheat flour, or enriched white flour. These types of flour have been stripped of essential nutrients and have high-in starch content, making them unfavorable for weight loss. Instead, go for bread that is labeled as whole.
Sprouted Whole Grain Bread
Sprouted whole grain bread is made from grains that are sprouted through exposure to heat and moisture. The sprouting process increases their nutrient content, making them much healthier. They are beneficial for improving gut health, boosting immunity, and managing blood sugar.
Aside from nutrition, another key factor to consider when choosing bread for Weight watchers is how calorie dense the bread is. Light bread is quite low in calories. They are quite light in weight and texture.
Whole grain light bread saves your calories while providing you with fiber. Although they may not be suitable for eating on their own as they are not filling, they are a great option for making sandwiches or as a breakfast accompaniment for your scrambled eggs. They are also available as lean burgers or hamburger bans. Each slice of light bread is 1 point on all Weight Watchers programs.
High Fiber Tortillas
Various brands of high-fiber tortillas in grocery stores are suitable for Weight Watchers. A majority are made of whole grains, hence the high fiber content. They have great flavor and texture and provide a soft wrap or can be baked into tortilla chips in an air fryer. Most have 1-2 points per tortilla on the Green, Blue, and Purple plans.
Sandwich Thins and Bagels
Sandwich thins and bagels are healthier and lower calorie options than regular sandwich bread and bagel. Most have 100 calories per roll serving and 3 smart points.
Generally, keto bread is compatible with Weight Watchers. It is low in carbs and sugars and high in protein. Besides, many people have had great success combining keto and weight watchers. However, you do not have to be on the keto program to enjoy keto bread. You can incorporate it as a low-carb, high-protein food option in your eating plan.
Top Picks for Best Bread for Weight Watchers
Below we highlight some of the best bread for Weight Watchers and the number of smart points and calories per slice:
- Sara Lee 45 Calories Delightful Bread
- Weight Watchers Multi-Grain Bread – 1 smart point per slice, 50 calories
- Sara Lee Delightful 45 Healthy Multigrain Bread – 1 smart point per slice, 45 calories
- Sara Lee Delightful 45 Wheat Bread – 1 smart point per slice, 45 calories
- Heiner’s 35 White Bread – 1 smart point per slice, 35 calories
- Aunt Millie’s 35 Light Whole Grain Bread -1 smart point per slice, 35 calories
- Aunt Millie’s 35 Light Wheat Bread – 1 smart point per slice, 35 calories
- Schmidt Old Tyme Wheat Bread – 1 smart point per slice, 40 calories
- Pepperidge Farm Light Style Soft Wheat Bread – 1 smart point per slice, 45 calories
- Pepperidge Farm Very Thin Wheat Bread – 1 smart point per slice, 40 calories
- Dave’s Killer Bread 60 Thin Sliced Powerseed Bread – 2 smart points per slice, 60 calories
- Dave’s Killer Bread Thin Sliced Organic 21 Whole Grain Bread – 2 smart points per slice, 70 calories
- Healthy Life Honey Wheat 35 Calorie Bread – 1 smart point per slice, 35 calories
- Healthy Life Sourdough Bread – 1 smart point per slice, 35 calories
- Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Bread – 2 smart points per slice, 80 calories
- Brownberry Organic Thin Sliced 22 Grain Bread – 1 smart point per slice, 70 calories
- Brownberry Organic Thin Sliced Rustic White Bread – 2 smart points per slice, 70 calories
- Brownberry Healthfull 10 GrainBread – 2 smart points per slice, 80 calories
- Ahold Light Seedless Rye Bread – 1 smart point per slice, 50 calories
- Alvarado St Bakery Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread – 2 smart points per slice, 90 calories- 1 smart point per slice, 40 calories
- Giant/Stop & Shop Light Italian Bread – 3 smart points per roll, 80 calories
- Joseph’s Lavash and Pitas – 2 smart points per ½ pita, 90 calories
- Mission Carb Balance Tortillas – 2 smart points per tortilla, 70 calories
- Arnold Select Sandwich Thins Whole Wheat – 3 smart points per roll, 100 calories
- Mr. Tortilla 1Net Carb Tortillas – 1 smart point per 2 tortillas, 15 calories
Best Bread for Weight Watchers: SOLVED
Eating bread does not have to spell doom to your weight loss. You can carefully plan it into your calories and macros daily budget by choosing low-calorie bread options. The breads highlighted above are good choices for all the Weight Watchers plans, including Weight Watchers plus, Blue, Green, and Purple plan. They contribute an equal number of points to all the plans.
Although it is important to keep calories low, you want to ensure your food choices are nutritious to boost your health. For instance, while sprouted grains bread has higher calories, it is packed with fiber and nutrients.